Cancelled and Postponed Events
With restrictions starting to ease, HOTA has reopened for film screenings from Saturday 6 June. The café will not be open for visitors for the time being.
Live performances will kick off again in July with our Fireside program.
Click here for further information about reopening, or read below for information about cancelled and postponed events.
What happens if events have been cancelled, postponed or rescheduled?
We will contact everybody who has tickets for any cancelled, postponed or rescheduled event to let them know and discuss options.
- If your event has been cancelled or postponed (with no confirmed rescheduled date) then we will offer you a refund.
- If your event has been rescheduled to a new date you can choose whether to receive a refund OR we can re-issue you with tickets for the new date
Can I donate the value of my tickets to HOTA?
Yes, we’d be delighted to accept any donations of support. So far donations have enabled us to You can find more information about our fund here.
Will I receive a refund for future events I have booked?
In line with Live Performance Australia (LPA) we will only issue a refund for events that are cancelled. Should any future events be cancelled or changed, we will be in touch to arrange a refund.
Are the Farmers’ Markets open?
Yes, the Farmers’ Markets are open and run every Sunday from 6am. You can find more information here.
Are the parklands and car parks still open?
Yes, the parkland and car parks will remain open during any closure period. We ask that you familiarise yourself with the government’s social distancing measures to keep everybody safe. You can find more information about that here.
The below list of performances which have been either cancelled, rescheduled or postponed until further notice.
- Gold Coast Film Festival
- ArtLab: Seaweed School
- Backbone by Gravity & Other Myths
- Cotton Club Orchestra (Gold Coast Jazz & Blues)
- Daori Farrell
- Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat
- Echoes of the Jazz Age
- Flickerfest 2020
- In My Blood It Runs
- International Jazz Day Celebrations
- Jan Preston Quartet (Jazz & Blues Club)
- Jazz on the Lawn
- Life Drawing (on Thu 9 Apr)
- Little ArtLab: Silly Socks
- Motown II Millenia
- Mountain Film On Tour
- Sleeping Beauty – Moscow Ballet La Classique
- Toni Childs
- Vika & Linda
- Man with the Iron Neck
- Bonachela / Lane
- Queensland Symphony Orchestra: Happy Birthday Beethoven
- Dean Vegas (Gold Coast Jazz & Blues Club)
- Caroline Nin (Gold Coast Jazz & Blues Club)
- The Comedy of Errors
- Stories in the Key of GC (29 May and 7 August)
- The Pink Floyd Experience
- Wake in Fright
- Tosca (Opera Queensland)
Postponed Events – Until Further Notice
- GC Laughs Festival Acts
- Gospel According to Paul
- The Gruffalos Child
- Blue Bones
- Roald Dahl’s Fantastic Mr Fox
Advice on COVID-19
Where can I get up to date information?
- Updates on COVID-19 from Queensland Health can be found here
- Coronavirus Health Information Line – for information on COVID-19 you can call 1800 020 080, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- For global up-to-date information on COVID-19 please visit the WHO website
- Up-to-date Australian information and resources (including fact sheets) on COVID-19 can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health website
- If you have travelled to a high-risk country in the last 14 days and are unwell you can call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for health advice.